SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
06/01/13 05:47 PM
Re: Marvel Africa Hunting Safaris

Quote:

Quote:

All hunters are not as ethical as they sometimes pretend to be. I agree that there are unfair hunting methods that are used by some outfitters, but why, to stay in bussiness they must keep on producing clients with their needs or they loose bussiness. Aren't the clients to blame as well for their greed and treatening the outfitter\ph with a bad hunting report. It is a catch 22 situation. The truth of the matter is that it happens everywhere, not only in RSA, sometimes it is just covered up very cleverly.

I am very outspoken about unfair hunting practises, what do I do when a client tells me he want to sit at a waterhole to shoot his trophies or shoot them from the bakkie? Do I let him do it or say no that is not how you do it. If the client tells a long story afterwards on how he took his animals must I spill the beans? On who's concious is it how that person took his animals, mine or his?

There are much more to this than what is seen, there are 2 sides to this story.

What I think?

If you hunt or shoot, admit how you do it. If you have to lie, that you shot that grand kudu from a landcruiser, shot an eland over a feed trough, shot a tahr or chamois from a helicopter, then admit it. Pose with the chopper or car in the background, or the bags of stock feed around the eland. Be proud of how you did it! If you are not, tell lying stories, then don't argue about it being ethical, because you have already admitted it is shameful to tell the story.

This is the bottom line, tell it as it is, why lie and pretend, it is totally unexeptable.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com