SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
06/01/13 03:00 PM
Re: Marvel Africa Hunting Safaris

Quote:

A very nicely done video showcasing EVERYTHING that is wrong with the hunting industry in South Africa.

And the music sucks too.

Your comment is not wrong at all, but there is also another side to the story. Why did a lot of this practises started. On this forums most of the members want to do their hunt on a fair chase basis, something I agree with and I will always promote it. Unfortuneately all hunters does not think that way, there are many hunters out there that do not participate on this or any forums. Many of them does not care how they get their trophies.

The beginning of last year a ph aproached me to enter in a joint venture with him, he arranged a hunt with a to be agent and to make a promotional video of the hunt. The to be agent said to me that the type of clients we will be getting will mostly be old, very wealthy people who does not care how they take their trophies, they just want their trophy. I was very upset with that remark, because that is not the way that I hunt. On another occasion we was following the spoor of a kudu, the kudus saw us before we saw them, gave a snort and ran off. If you know kudu, you will know, if they give a snort and start running , you are wasting precious hunting time to keep on following them. His remark to me when I told him we are wasting our time was, Don't ever say that to a client carry on with the stalk and make the exited, make him feel he has a real chance to get the animal. That is not the way to treat a client. The eventual hunt report on another forum was so full of lies it is not even true. I broke off all ties with that ph and the to be agent, all their hunting, the hunt report and the video was so full of lies and bullshit, that I would never be able to live with it.

Where did all this bullshit came from? Greed from a large group of hunters, they reason that they pay a lot of money to come and hunt in Africa and they want as many trophies as possible in the shortest time possible. If the outfitter/ph does not get him enough trophy trophies, he gets bad hunt report, where did canned hunting came from, again greed and market pressure.

All hunters are not as ethical as they sometimes pretend to be. I agree that there are unfair hunting methods that are used by some outfitters, but why, to stay in bussiness they must keep on producing clients with their needs or they loose bussiness. Aren't the clients to blame as well for their greed and treatening the outfitter\ph with a bad hunting report. It is a catch 22 situation. The truth of the matter is that it happens everywhere, not only in RSA, sometimes it is just covered up very cleverly.

I am very outspoken about unfair hunting practises, what do I do when a client tells me he want to sit at a waterhole to shoot his trophies or shoot them from the bakkie? Do I let him do it or say no that is not how you do it. If the client tells a long story afterwards on how he took his animals must I spill the beans? On who's concious is it how that person took his animals, mine or his?

There are much more to this than what is seen, there are 2 sides to this story.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com