SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
30/12/12 07:54 PM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

Quote:

Unfortuneately there are unscupulous outfitters and ph's in RSA, luckily only a few, that create a bad name for the rest of us.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but if there are really only a few bad eggs, perhaps PHASA and the rest of the industry should work to establish standardized contract language that outlines full disclosure methods as a way of improving this reputation.

One of the unfortuneate problems is that Phasa is not a statutory body. Phasa was formed by outfitters and ph 35 years ago to regulate our industry by ourselves. Phasa was fighting for years to get recognised and to get everybody in the industry under their wings. We also have 9 provinces in the country, each with their own nature conservation legislation. It is very difficult to get them all to agree an certain matters.

Luckily some of the provinces changed their legislation so that you cannot register as a ph unless you is a member of Phasa. Phasa also changed their membership fees which will make it more afordable for a ph to become a member. Ph's will now pay a lower membership fee than outfitters, I think it is a very good move.

I was once hammered on another forum for suggesting that clients should only book with outfitters that are members of Phasa. I still think clients should only use Phasa outfitters, because they have more protection that way.

Clients should ask the right questions, any body that guarentees you a specific throphy size in my opinion is pullig a sock over your head. One can only guarentee that the animals are available and that a their is throphy animals, but to guarentee you that you will get it, is put and take in my eyes. Be careful and ask lots of questions, you will quickly be able to read between the lines and seperate the BS'ers from the genuine guys.

Just my opinion.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com