SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
23/12/12 07:31 PM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

Quote:

However, what is absolutely unacceptable is the outfitter flat-out lying about animals and their status as wild, "concessions" that are really high fenced properties, sudden "opportunities" in the form of you-might-want-to-consider-shooting-this-[insert animal name]-because-I-can-offer-you-a-great-price-today, accommodations that are suddenly unavailable (bait and switch), excessive travel time to and from the hunting area (or worse, paying a full daily hunting rate to ride in a car all day long).

These to me are hanging offenses, which is why I probably won't hunt South Africa ever again.

The high fences are not the real problem here. Everywhere fences are created, with wires, watering holes, by burning the veld to stimulate new growth etc.

The problem is more about "put and take" practises. It is a fact that most properties in RSA are stocked with animals, what is important is how it is being done. You stock your property in the summer months to ensure that the animals get a chance to learn the property, the animal must always have a better chance to escape from the hunter than what hunter has to take a shot at the animal. When animals are off loaded just before hunter arives, that animal does not have a chance and I have a major problem with it, the same goes for hunting in in the visinity of feeding throughs or in small camps. I do not want to see any wires inside the boundries of the property.

Unfortuneately there are unscupulous outfitters and ph's in RSA, luckily only a few, that create a bad name for the rest of us.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com