eagle27
(.400 member)
22/12/12 07:35 AM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

Quote:

My buff had one bullet in the lungs and sounded pretty sick from it as he waited in some brush, watching his backtrack.

I was ready to finish him off but the PH subscribed to the view that some charges may not be stopped, so opted take the task on himself and put three quick .458 solids through the chest from the side.

It's one thing for the client to want achievement and excitement, but I guess the PH owes a duty to his wife and family, too.

- Paul

I would definitely have been disappointed in your case in fact I would be pretty pissed off with the PH for doing what he did. Yes the PH has a duty to return safely to his family every day like we all have but it is DG hunting and there are risks to be taken otherwise just close up the industry and everyone stay home and shoot deer in the fields. Either the PH did not have faith in your ability or gun or he just likes to cut himself in real quick on the action. Sorry it turned out that way for you as there is nothing more satisfying than starting and finishing a job yourself.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com