mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
22/03/12 01:37 AM
Re: choosing a PH for Cape Buffalo and Hippo

Quote:

Mikeh416Rigby,

I live right outside of Sunbury, PA. (the confluence of the two branches of the Susquehanna River). I have been contemplating an African hunt since I was a little boy. I began shooting and hunting at an early age, but developed an attraction to shooting large caliber rifles while in high school and actually bought my first big bore rifle when I was still in undergraduate school. It was a Ruger .458 Win. Magnum in a gorgeous Circassian Walnut stock. Unfortunately that gun is gone as are many. I have had at least a dozen .375 H&H rifles, .458s, etc. Currently I have a German Type A 9.3x62mm Mauser that actually came from Africa in the sixties. I have several .375 H&Hs, a .450/400 Nitro Express 3" Ruger Number One, a Ruger Magnum .416 Rigby, a couple of .458s and a custom built .458 Lott. I am soon to be the owner of a .500 Nitro Express double, but have not "pulled the trigger" on the gun just yet as I am looking at my options. I wish to hunt cape buffalo and perhaps hippo in the next two years and want to do it with a double. In the meantime, I continue to practice shooting with the large bores (have been doing that for 40 years) so it is time to get this "show on the road".

If you are ever in the area, give notice.

Nyati50 (Michael)

A friend who does my reloading, is originally from just outside of Shikshinney (sp). My sister-in-law's husband works at the power plant in Sunbury, and they live in Elysburg.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com