HogPilot
(.300 member)
28/02/12 10:55 AM
Re: THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING

Quote:

Ripp,
One thing I did learn being recoil shy, I will never buy a .500NE. Man, they go off at both ends.

John

I've hunted Elephant with Buzz the last 2 years straight and have 2 more Elephant hunts booked with him over the next 18 months. His outfit is top notch.

I've taken 3 Elephant now with the 500NE and find it to be the absolute "Cats Ass". The recoil is stiff but very manageable. The key to being proficient with it is practice. Recoil tolerance is something you develop over time, loose with lack of practice, but regain easily once acquired. Just my opinion, but the 500NE is the best of both worlds being: significantly more energy than the 450 to 470 class weapons, similar weight and recoil.

Here is a link to my tuskless hunt with Charlton McCallum Safaris in June 2011 using the 500NE. This was a father son trip that included tuskless and Leopard. Successful on both! Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHdaeozClfw

The pictures at the end are of my son and I. I especially like the one with him handing out school supplies to the local kids with elephant meat drying in the background. True hunting conservation at work!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com