ruffcountry
(.300 member)
19/02/12 05:34 AM
Re: Wow a MGM lion trophy for the "right hunter" ...

Quote:

We could end up with another of those great charging Lion videos from that canned hunt where one the hunters was knocked over.

I'll see if I can find it on youtube.

This is one I was thinking of, not sure if it is canned or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvxdbtHALA

Years ago I showed this video to an exhibtor who was selling some African hunts at a show . He went ballistic saying things like "thats not how its done " , "thats canned hunting" , "I am going to report those guys and get them in trouble" . He just went on and on about how wrong "canned hunts" are especially for dangerous game and how he never conducts or participates in such goings on . I was a little surprised at such a strong reaction because I had viewed it a little more lightheartedly as had most folks I had showed it to . At the end of the show I watched as this same vehement anti-canned hunter went over to the snake pit display and bought a Diamondback Rattlesnake because he wanted the skin as a trophy .

This is not aimed at anyone . It is a true story . I am not saying there was anything wrong with shooting the lion or buying the snake just that given the guys reaction to the lion shooting , it seemed to me like more than a bit of hypocracy to buy the snake as a trophy especially one as dangerous as Diamondback .

Contact Us NitroExpress.com