mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
12/03/03 10:57 AM
Re: How close have you got, or how close has dangerous

I have had 2 experiences that have left my underwear permantly stained. Both occurred in Namibia in 1993. The first happened when my wife and I were on a game drive, and we were in the P.H.s hunting car which was a little Suzuki. We came upon a herd of perhaps 12 or 13 Elephant. After taking pictures for 20 minutes, the herd started coming closer, rather slowly at first, then at a brisk walk. The P.H. went to back the car up, and put the one rear tire right into a warthog hole. The herd got to within 15 feet of us before we were able to get the car out. The other experience was when we were coming back to camp rather late one evening. My P.H. was driving in the right front seat, I was sitting in the left seat, and the tracker was up top, in the rear. We kind of lost our bearings in the dark, and we stopped along what little vestage of a road that was there. Now keep in mind that this was an open hunting car, with no wind screen or side windows. While sitting there trying to figure out which way to go, I looked to my left, and saw the eyes of a fully grown MGM type lion staring at me from no more than 6 feet away! You could smell him he was so close!. My P.H. pulled out his S&W 44 mag, and fired a shot into the air, and the lion turned tail and ran away. I was not amused!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com