Powdersmoke
(.224 member)
17/01/12 01:59 AM
Re: SA hunter pays $120,000 for rhino hunt

John, these rhino are completely wild, they breed in the wild live in the wild, and are generally auctioned on catalogue (ie. you pay, they dart and transport, you pay more), the rhino that will be hunted will be a guaranteed wild rhino in one of the hunting concession areas, this hunt will have been purchased by a PH, and sold to his client, there is NO hunting without licensed, registered PH's in National Parks. (I speak from experience, I have guided clients in Mkuze (Mkuze 40 000 hectares, Hluhluwe Imfolozi 96 000 hectares), it was a wonderful experience) Things are getting better here wrt. concession hunting, now all we have to do is to get everyone to agree to let us thin down the ele's in Kruger with clients, and that will bring a sh!tload of money into nature conservation, thanks to our green friends, we are now ONLY about 6000 over the carrying capacity, oh well, it was a great place once, pity there will be nothing left of the vegetation when my daughter wants to take her kids there ....... as I said, things are GETTING better, the green people seem to think that it is better to starve elephants to death, than humanely kill them, and the proceeds (money & meat) go to conservation, and the local communities.

I worked with the campfire project in Botswana which works on that principle, it works, everyone wins.

Powdersmoke.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com