mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
14/01/12 07:42 AM
Re: SA hunter pays N$1 million for rhino hunt

Quote:

It has been on television in Sweden last week of South african hunting. Fences, hunting for Rhinos in small fenced areas, they breed Lions to have black manes, I donīt know if that is the correct word, but black hair. Many people with money wants to shoot a Lion, but they donīt want to do i the correct way with a real hunt. They shoot them in a fence!!! If that I saw is correct I will never buy a hunt in South Africa.

//S

Many, many, many of the hunting ranches in South Africa are huge. By that, I mean in excess of 25,000 acres. On a property of that size, you'll rarely, if ever see a fence. The reason for the fences are primarily twofold: first, it's a carry over from the old days, to prevent the spread of hoof and mouth disease. Second, the animals are the property of the landowner, and he's just trying to protect his investment from escaping to neighboring properties. If you visit a hunting ranch in South Africa during the calving season, you will see many newborn animals. A great many of the animals hunted on these huge farms were born there. Hunting these animals on large, fenced properties is in my opinion, just as challenging as hunting an unfenced one.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com