NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/11/11 09:23 PM
Re: My Honeymoon Photo Album

Staffan,

the following got lost from the above post due to a wireless interruption.

Christine and I first enjoyed a seven day hunting safari on three properties in the West Nicholson area South of Bulawayo.

Then a day tour of the Matapos Hills and National Park. Bulawayo for a quick look.

Drove over to the Great Zimbabwe ruins and Mutare (I think it was).

Back to Bulawayo. Flew to Vic Falls, Vic Falls, plus a cruise above the falls, the sunset cruise of course, plus a flight.

Then self drove to Hwange Park, stayed in the far West of the Park little visited by tourists, spent sometimes almost a whole day in a hide seeing no one else, but various game. Then a couple of other camps, including Main Camp. Hired a guy in advance to take us to "special places", was OK but not anything special we couldn't do ourselves. Amazingly met a couple from the Barossa whom I went to school with in Main Camp and shared a game drive.

Then flew to Kariba. Crossed over to Zambia and did a Canoe safari on the North Shore of the Zambezi opposite Mana Pools. Was only two of us, as a tourist group of nine cancelled.

Then back to Kariba and flew to Harare. Finished off in Harare.

I had previously been to Zimbabwe in 1988. But no hunting.

It would have been quite an experience to accompany Sten Cedergren on a hunt. And taking a kudu on a honeymoon has got to be a plus anywhere.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com