Bigfive
(Sponsor)
05/03/03 04:47 PM
Re: Lion Hunting

Very nice replies,thank you!
I also reckon that you can shoot a lion with any caliber that you can shoot kudu with and fellow PH friend of mine here in South-Africa shot a lioness over a cattle carcass with a 30-30 lever and got away with it.He was on his catttle farm and saw the lioness killing the cow.He wasnt prepared for a lion shoot but at that stage he only had his 30-30 with him on the quad bike.But..........................Yes I was tought by a very old and experienced ph here in SA(Wilf Morgan) that nevermind what you hunt,rather go to the bush with to much gun than to little gun.Himself,Mr Morgan,nearly had a bad experiance with a lion about 10 years ago.The client shot the lion straight from the front while it was lying under some trees.He used a .375H&H.And the lion went down.When they got to the lion they could see the lion chest move as it was still breathing.Lucky with quick reactions they gave another shot.After all the action they noticed that the first head shot only knocked the lion out.It didnt even cut the skin.It passed just under the ear on the side of the head.
If this was to be a 308 or something in the same class there could've been fatal consecuenses

Contact Us NitroExpress.com