450Dakota
(.300 member)
03/09/04 10:12 PM
Re: Zim Buffalo hunt of 7-12 to 7-23 Now with Pics

Minkman,That is a pretty wide question, hopefully I will touch on what your asking.. First, the new SAA AirBus really, really sucks! But over all I think things have done one of two things. Settled down, or is about rock bottom and not much left but up. Things were calm where I was around (Vic-Fall's) compared with last time I was there in 2002 when there was some rioting with Army camps and war-vets all over. But there seemed to be more of the criminal types hanging about and trading Zim/US dollors and running scams. More pick pockets who grab and dash and muggers.. Some of the outfitters would not surprise me if they started shooting at each other as it seems poaching on others concessions is becoming a very real problem as noted in other news postings. I really hate to mention any names as Out of Africa might get mad at me. But don't be fooled, the whole country both black and white is waiting to see what happens next.. I did notice as a whole, the area's and people do seem poorer than in the past. Just my observations, somebody else might have a completely different outlook than I do, not to mention my limited time and experiance in Africa.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com