NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/07/11 09:52 PM
Re: Large PG hunt suggestion?

Lars

Just my opinions.

1. If you want to hunt specific animals, tailor your hunt to achieving those species. I would pick countries where those species are native and readily available.

In terms of price, Namibia is often very competitively priced. Eland is reasonably common there. I could have taken an eland in Namibia but at the time didn't want another one. I shot mine in the West Nicholson area of Zimbabwe back in 1994.

Black Wildebeest really is South Africa. Unless it is an introduced animal to the hunting area.

Giraffe would probably be in Zimbabwe. Don't remember seeing any in Namibia when hunting there. If I really wanted a Giraffe I would head there.

I haven't hunted in Bots, Moz, Zambia, East Africa so can't comment.

Regarding the "small critters", duikers, klipsringers, reedboks, dik diks, steenboks etc, don't knock them. Often a nice trophy of opportunity. I am becoming more interested in taking trophies of these species in the future. Still don't have a roebuck either! So that's a big trophy for me oneday!

I suppose what I would do if I was you. I would look at what I have taken, do I want to hunt any again? What new species am I interested in? Which species of strong interest?

And plan from there.

For me, I would like to hunt nyala, bushpig, black wildebeest, sable, some of the small guys, perhaps another kudu and eland now as well, plus a lot of other species. More zebra, bushbuck, impala etc. I just like the hunting as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com