NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
22/08/04 03:46 PM
Re: My Cape Buffalo has finally arrived!

I'll reply to questions and comments in one post rather than individual thread lines.

Kos,

I don't think we ever measured the horns. It was estimated before it was shot. It wasn't estimated as very long but was an old bull with good solid bosses which was my main aim. As the circumstances of trip were eventful and not ideal I was very happy to take and hunt a mature bull.

I am happy with the result. As Matt Graham said on my recent waer buffalo hunt - "If you are happy with what it would look like on the wall ....". And I am very happy with the way with buffalo will look.

Christer,

My water buff will be shoulder mounted as well. Haven't decided its "posture" yet.

Ann,

Now I want to see yours too one day.

475Guy,

Yes very happy. He has a mean look in his eyes. Something to frighten small children with.

Eric,

Mmmm. He will not fit in the planned spot I think. I think an insulated and panelled trophy room/shed/building is in order. But I would like him in my study but too bad.

Mike,

Gary Pegg of Melbourne did the taxidermy of this and all my pevious trophies except for one.

Bakes,

See the next post.

Gibbs and DPhillips,

I hope he isn't house trained. The rest is still to come - another zebra, a second rug this time, two bushbuck, one hopefully full mounted, two more impala, one to be mounted, one to be a skull on a shielf and a waterbuck. See I do need a new building.

On my next safari I want to concetrate on pigs.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com