shakari
(.400 member)
15/07/04 03:44 AM
Re: African Safaris

We have now regretfully stopped marketing Zim as a hunting destination due to the worsening political situation and I expect an increasing number of clients to have problems there. I'm not saying you can't get a good hunt in Zim, just that it is becoming riskier......and I don't believe in taking risks with client satisfaction.

I guess you really need to decide if you want to have a plains game hunt or a dangerous game hunt. If it's plains game, then you should look to RSA, Namibia or some parts of Botswana, particularly the Tuli Block.

If you want a dangerous game hunt then you should look to Tanzania where you will have the biggest game herds and (probably) the best hunting experience, but be especially careful to get full details of exactly which area you be hunting. For example a Selous buffer zone is slightly cheaper than the Selous proper, but has much less game than inside the reserve.

Botswana where you can expect higher prices, but more of a champagne & caviar experience, but be prepared to book a lot earlier as they have far smaller quota's than elsewhere and they sell out early.

Or Mozambique where you can expect a tougher, but less expensive hunting experience.....if you plan to take any non-hunters along, then Mozambique is probably not the best place to go.

You'll find details of all the above areas on my website or by e-mailing me for details if you're interested.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com