xausa
(.400 member)
04/08/10 07:50 AM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

Six Cape buffalo on my list, no shots by PH.

Five with my wildcat .505, one with my Krieghoff .458 Teck O/U double rifle.

First one at about 60 yards, one .505 through the shoulder, ran about fifty yards and piled up.

Next three were members of a herd we walked up on. Each got a .505 bullet in the middle of the chest from about 40 yards. One was on his feet when we followed up, one more shot broadside put him down. The other two were dead when we located them. One was facing us in a clump of underbrush and no way to confirm that he was dead by the usual means, so we put a couple of .458's in him for good measure.

Number five was facing me in the middle of an open field, about 100 yards away, with no means of getting closer. It took one shot into the middle of his chest from the sitting position with the scoped .458 to put him down. No second shot needed.

Nember five was a running broadside shot. I put four .505's into him as fast as I could operate the bolt, three were in a group I could cover with my hand, just at the point of the shoulder. He went down so suddenly that his nose ploughed up the ground. The PH was not even present.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com