NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/08/10 04:33 AM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

Quote:

My buff had one bullet in the lungs and sounded pretty sick from it as he waited in some brush, watching his backtrack.

I was ready to finish him off but the PH subscribed to the view that some charges may not be stopped, so opted take the task on himself and put three quick .458 solids through the chest from the side.

Why didn't he move you into position especially if you were standing very close (or not?) ?

Personally I don't pay for a PH to do my hunting, and some can be very apt to do that quickly.

There is a video on the market where the PH shoots every time the same time as the famous client.

I would not use that guy, unless after a discussion he agreed not to do the same on my hunt. Maybe it was arranged with the client in terms of the video, ie wanting to make sure of quick kills? I don't know, but it doesn't look good to me on the video.

I know of Aussie guys that have done DIY cape buffalo hunts ie purchased in the past at auctions. A PH is largely used IMO for local knowledge, being able to speak to non-English speaking trackers, have the rights to the concession and often because it is required by law.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com