Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
03/08/10 01:08 AM
Re: Question for the Cape buffalo hunters re: PH b-u shots...

I agree with Finn Aagaard policy, if client approves,(or not, dunno where he stood on that) if it a big five animal, thus dangerous, if it doesnīt drop to the shot to allow a second shot but starts running then the PH should back up if possible. My Buff, first shot with a .416, right in the boiler room, jumped in the air hunched up but then, offski, a shot from my PH with .470, too far back but better than nothing, he was travelling then, he made about 80yds and into some really thick sh*T, we gave him 1/2 an hour then went in, he tried to get up, couldnīt, I could barely see him through the scope from 25 yds !! shot him twice more with the .416 then he pegged it. as far as I am concerned I am on a safari to enjoy myself and hunt, plains game only I shoot, if it can kill a tracker, me or the PH I have no problem with back up shots if my first one isnīt good enough to drop the bugger. If someone got hurt or worse because I insisted my PH could only shoot under extremes then that would be a big cross for me to bear, just my thoughts, Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com