SafariHunt
(.333 member)
14/02/03 08:05 PM
Re: Africa's most dangerous game

Shakari,

I think Malaria is on top of the list but I think what was meant about the most dangerous animal was something you could see very big and so on.

I however have read and heard too many reports about hippos being the no. 1 when it comes to killing people the reason obviously is intervention with people and the water where they stay. I'm sure that not a lot of people can tell their story of being between a hippo and his water at night on a small plot where fruit and veggies are grown. People need water just as hippo needs it even though crocs are also involved they only attack when the people are close or in the water while hippo attacks happen mostly outside the water and at night. Then there is the odd boat or canoe that is thrown over by an angry resident hippo that also takes crocs from the equation. So what I'm trying to say is that I do believe the reports of hippos been a higher killer of man than crocs because there is more contact between hippo and man than croc and man.

Lets take fro example the Mpumalanga province in RSA hardly anyone gets kiled by crocs but you regurlaly hear about attacts on human and in some instances where thay have been killed. The people grow crops next to the rivers and in the drier times the hippos obiously come out and eat the crops again contact with people.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com