FATBOY404
(.400 member)
16/03/10 09:31 PM
Ready for Africa

Well it is nearly time.
I fly out good Friday for Zim on a 10 day Buffalo hunt with my Father and sister. We will be hunting with Sango Safaris.

My father was diagnosed with mesothelioma ( asbestos cancer ) in Sept 2008. He under went chemo in January 2009 and after the second bout he had a stroke and was hospitalized for 9 weeks. He was told he would never use his left arm again and may walk with the use of a frame.

To his credit he proved them all wrong and returned to running the home property and doing most things including shooting (he took a nice Fallow last year, not long after being home).

When he was told he had cancer his wish was to get back to Afrca and hunt a Cape Buffalo.After being told today he had the all clear for another three months we can now get excited about Africa.
My sister is coming along as an observer and to share some memories with her Dad (and hold the video camera).

Hopfully we come home with our two Buff, but if we dont it is time and memories shared !!.

Here,s a photo of my 404 ready for the Dark Continent. It is loaded with 400 grain Hydro Woodleighs hot off the press (they were only made last week at my request). After polishing the feed ramp they feed just fine. I,d like to thank Geoff of Woodleigh for his help in getting these bullets to me in time for my hunt, Great company and Great product !!.

Cheers Neale.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com