DoubleD
(.400 member)
09/02/10 03:43 AM
Re: Wildebeest thread

My turn!

Shot this one with a .338-308 AI I built on a Ruger 77 using Nosler 200 grain ballistic tips during a screaming sleet storm. At the slower 2500 fps velocites the bullet performed superbly. Sure wouldn't use them at higher velocities.

I was hunting with Tollie African Safaris near Somerset East in SA.

We go this animal loaded as quick as we could and got out of the mountians fast. We were driving in snow by time we got back to the farm. The next morning we had 8 inches of snow on the ground. My PH said he had lived all his 35 years in the valley and this was the first time he had ever seen snow on the valley floor. This pictures is a scanned chemical froma point and shoot camera or you would be able to see the snow covered mountains in the background.

I was amazed at how totally prepared the PH always was. When it started sleeting then snowing was the only time he seemed out of his element. All he had for wet weather was a rubber rain coat. When I left I gave him some cash and my gortex rain suit for a gratuity. You know gratitude when you see it and he was deeply grateful.

(Image added to NE server)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com