Paul
(.400 member)
05/02/10 12:39 AM
Re: Buffalo hunt - Recommendations. I don't want a PH who a

Jabali, the problem lions were supposed to be in coastal Mozambique and I was game to have a go until my NE mentor, Steve Robinson, acquainted me with the moral questions involved in lion hunting (such as the danger to the cubs when the alpha male is shot). Anyway I had trouble getting any references out of the PH and my inquiries on this forum only produced a pejorative one.

Apart from anything else it seems the PAC bloke is a bit of a muddler. Hunters have arrived in Pemba only to have their rifles confiscated because he hadn't fixed up the licences.

Grenadier, it may be that there are reasonably priced hunts in hard country available, though. Unrelated to this thread, Steve just sent me details of his new safaris into Uganda. The day rates are fair average but the trophy fees are about half what I paid. Being an Aussie that appeals to me because, apart from the price aspect, we tend to fear that if the trophy fees are high enough we might find the critters tied up to a tree. I haven't hunted with Steve but I know from his emails he is generous with his time and from his website that he pays attention to detail. I doubt that he'd leave you in the lurch with the paperwork.

And no, Steve, I'm not particularly tough. Some of those long walks were plenty for an old bugger like me. As you said, the trouble with buffalo is their legs are too long.

- Paul

Contact Us NitroExpress.com