eagle27
(.400 member)
01/02/10 07:39 AM
Re: Buffalo hunt - Recommendations. I don't want a PH who a

Hey guys, some good responses there and you’ve restored my faith a bit. I certainly don’t want to knock anyone’s safari style and maybe the videos we see now are most likely to be of the sort of hunt that doesn’t hold much appeal for me but there are others out there that do offer a bit more roughing style safari.

When I spent my year in Germany doing quite a bit of hunting, naturally I did what the Germans did and it all seemed quite quaint with the traditions and the like. I had been so used to getting straight in and gutting the animal after the shot, getting it into a pack or across my shoulders and then carry it back to camp or to the vehicle. Hang it up in a tree, slice off some steak and have a good old hunters meal, or back home and into the freezer.
No niceties of giving it its last meal (tree twig in mouth), not standing over it while gutting, playing a bit of music on a hunting horn, etc, etc. As I said very quaint and old traditions in Europe and not something we rough down under types are used to.

I would of course respect the conditions in Africa too and do realise that for the trackers, skinners, etc it is their employment and you need to be careful that you don’t offend and come across as arrogant as well. I suppose it will be a case of sussing out other hunters experience and making an informed choice from that.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com