Ripp
(.577 member)
08/01/10 02:05 AM
Re: Cape Buffalo guns! Ganyana article

I read the article as well--thought it was very interesting as one can hardly question his experience with all the time he has spent in the field....I actually mentioned this article on another post earlier this month as well..

Agree totally, in today’s world, at least for the first shot, one does NOT need solids for buffalo--I actually had a pass through with a soft (A-Frame)..on the last buffalo I shot..

I guess I question somewhat the assertion that the minimum caliber restriction was set up for locals as it appears most poachers don’t really care about caliber selection..and are they not the ones(locals) who most frequently are carrying firearms in the bush...have not seen too many locals in a village with firearms..only poachers running after we had spotted them..or as in the case last year, firing on a PH while out hunting with his client from Europe...

Personally think the .338 is every bit as lethal as the 9.3..but as stated, some moron would use a really light bullet and get killed,,,then it would for sure be the calibers fault...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com