ajsaxin
(.224 member)
21/11/09 12:28 PM
Re: Cape Buffalo Bulls#*t

I must say though I do not have any experince hunting cape bufflaos but I would agree with-Westley375 .What is the point of using a scope staying half a mile away and shooting it,u might as well have a UAV blowing he animal up from above.If you do not have the skill to shoot the animal with out a scope then dont hunt.If you are hunting for a living(bell) or for food I would understand ppl using a scope,as you would want to be 100% sure.But stuff like I do not want to inflict much pain ont the animal and similar stories really hold no water.Unless you are among the dozens who visit africa only because you want to fill your walls up with heads and a story(half filled with crap )to tell your buddies.Maybe a leopard makes sense with a scope as getting really close to them is almost impossible.
When you hunt give your trophy animal an equal chance to know you there and escape or come for you.Dont hide behind your PHs shoulders from 200 yards waiting to fire off.But I must admit it does require a lota balls going upclose to a bufflo when you know you are a uselss shot with out a scope and its equally stupid .But the bottom line is , you hunt if you have the skills to give a good fight to the animal if not the bull does not deserve to die at your hands.I seen pics all over the internet of hunters who fit the typical wall street banker types with such beautiful trophies at which they would have had no chance if it wasnt for the money,the scope and the best PH. I am not trying to be rude or flame any one on their opinion just my idea on what a hunt should be.If this does not comply with you then good for you.

Good day

Contact Us NitroExpress.com