DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
02/02/03 08:22 AM
Re: What makes a safari better?

One thing I DON'T like is to go on Safari, and stay in a damn LODGE! That is OK for the women, and kids, but if I'm hunting I want to be in the thick of the hunting. My favorite camp are the Grass thatch camps on rivers, or lakes, miles on dirt tracks from any town, with my food cooked over coals, and my shower mixed in a barrel at the time I want a bath. I like the dineing area to be where you can watch animals come to the river for water. I want to hear lions roar, and hyenas laugh at night.

BUTTTTTTTttttttt, the main thing is the PH, and his attitude, and work ethic, along with his ability to track, and spoor the animals I want. I am 66 yrs old, and I'll not deal with a young buck who thinks he needs to show me how fast he can walk, though I like to hunt on foot. I'm one of the easyest people to deal with in camp, when the food is ready, I'll eat, when the PH is ready to come to camp, or leave to hunt, is fine with me. Every PH I've hunted with, have become life long friends, and this says something for the PH's personality, and general honesty!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com