tophet1
(.400 member)
16/08/09 04:51 PM
Re: When is a leopard a trophy?

This post has been re-opened after two months and having just come from some great Leopard country, I feel able to make a contribution.

Certain hunters/shooters seem to place more importance on what is a trophy by measuring 'inches' or 'weight'. As stated here by more than one poster, there are others who value the experience or the sense of having hunted correctly according to their own ethics that creates the value of the 'trophy'.

Your client appears to have placed a high value on the measurements of the dead animal. (I do not know what agreement you had with this fellow before he pulled the trigger).

Having married into a rural family and living in a remote area of Australia, the eradication of stock/crop raiding or other pest animals rates highly as motivation to 'break out the guns'. The importance of killing such an animal is only exceeded by the importance of killing an animal for food.

While this won't help your client feel better, to me it certainly is a trophy. He certainly got his money's worth hunting two cats.

Good has been done and I would go home proud to have helped eliminate the offending cat.

Edited: after re-reading first post.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com