Shackleton
(.300 member)
16/08/09 06:05 AM
Re: When is a leopard a trophy?

Quote:

Once I pull the trigger it has become a trophy (To me). I think it is pretty simple. PH put client in front of a legal Leopard. Client shot Leopard. Let the celebration begin. If he was diappointed in the Leopard, he should have been disappointed in himself ! Not only did he get a beautiful Leopard, but also did a local farmer a service. Where do I sign up. Sounds like a wonderful time to me !

I agree. Regardless of the animal species, sex and size, if it's an honest hunt and I have to work for the shot, the animal is a trophy. Then again, with the animals I hunt the real trophy is on the dinner plate. I do have some mounts but have never done dabgerous game or anything bigger than deer.
That said, the principle is the same. My dream hunt is a guided camping hunt for elk. If the guide gives a good effort and I have a good hunt that's more important than if I get a truly big bull. I'd rather have a little spike that I had to work for than a 900+ pound 6X6 bull that I stumbled on the first day.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com