shakari
(.400 member)
23/04/09 04:19 AM
Re: When is a leopard a trophy?

Sorry mate, I just don't see your point. It reads to me as though you're arguing against yourself, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, either way, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Getting back to the point, my guess is it'd possibly/probably happen to other species, but to a much lesser degree (because all cats or all that I know of, are usually considerably more flexible than other animals) but the less flexible mammals such as antelope tend not to held up like that immediatly after death anyway. By the time they're back at the skinning sheds and hung up, the rigor mortis has set in and the stretch factor wouldn't happen.

What is difficult, is getting them back into shape after they've stretched. Push too hard and they bend, not hard enough and nothing happens.......... I've not thought about it until now, but I wonder if they go back to their more usual shape as they cool and rigor mortice sets in....... the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that it happens. I remember taking on in the Selous 2 years ago that stretched during the first lot of pics and we then put it on the truck and by the time we got there and had Kabubi, we took more shots of it and it was back to a more normal shape.

I lost a bunch of pics a while ago but I'll have a look and see if I can find any of that one to post.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com