HighlandStalker
(.224 member)
22/04/09 04:35 PM
Re: When is a leopard a trophy?

Karl,
I think you have been more than reasonable with this client. I would have charged him the day fees for the previous hunt.

As with all free-range, fair-chase hunts there are no guarantees, and as you put him onto cats which through his lack of fitness and some bad luck were not taken, is no fault of yours. That's Hunting!

Personally, I would consider a cattle killer hunted with hounds to be the ultimate leopard trophy regardless of size, and a greater trophy than a larger cat shot over bait.

The cat that the client took was also a large specimen for a female, and should he be interested in such things,the skull scored OK. What else could you want? ...BIG problem animals! 100lb PAC elephant (has to be "non-trophy" anyway in reality) & 200lb leopard.. That's just not how it works!

Anyway, who does not like hunting problem animals? be thay stock killing foxes, coyotes, feral pigs, feral cats/dogs etc.. The taking of such an animal should give the hunter a greater sense of achievement, in my opinion.

Joe

Contact Us NitroExpress.com