freischuetz
(.224 member)
09/04/04 07:50 AM
Re: Klaserie

Shakari not everything in Tanzania is sunshine!

I enjoy this forum thanks!

Have the government not cut up hunting blocks and increased the quotas?
About the Selous concessions? how many a in the reserve and how many a in CBC areas were you got population and settlements. Don’t forget poaching is still happen and as far as I know there hat some serious poaching problems on some places on the western side of the Selous from refugees. Not so long ago the poaching in the slous was out of control and if the German government together with the Tanzanian government and the GTZ would not have step in you would not hunting there today.

If Mozambique would get the same support Mozambique would be at least on par or better for hunting.

Lets not take away anything from Tanzania is great hunting there, a top hunting destination and a beautiful country but it got is problems too.

Let me update you in a little bit about the development of lower Zambezi delta in Mozambique.

The delta will (is)be listed as RAMSAR side and this will bring greater protection.

Animal population increasing, poachers get send to jail and the situation improving constantly.
How ever it is all depending on the operator to follow up poaching and do active anti-poaching.
On the south bank off the Zambezi Delta you got 4 hunting concessions which a Coutada ( Concession) 10,11,12,and 14. this hunting concession surrounding the Marromeu buffalo reserve.
The size of the concession’s is:
No. 10 2008 km/2 or 496,187.acres
No. 11 1928 km/2 or 476,419.acres
No. 12 2963 km/2 or 732,173 acres
No. 14 1353 km/2 or 334,333 acres
The reserve is about 2000km/2

Between the this areas you find differed habitats ranging from forest, miombo wood land, palm savannas, flood plains, open grassland and swamps. According to habitat you find a wide variety of game animals from blue duiker to elephant. Best known is the area for buffalo. Buffalos are widely distributed in all areas from the forest in Coutada 12 and 11 till the grassland and flood plains in Coutada 10 and 14. buffalo numbers a in excess of 5000 which give you 1 buffalo per 1.6 km/2 I don’t know what density you have in Tanzania? I think you wont find a higher density of suni and red duiker anywhere in Africa then in Coutada 11 and 12. you should have no problem to shoot a good nyala, waterbuck, reed buck or a decent sable on top. You can hunt big crocodiles, hippo, Lichtenstein’s hartebeest and elephant with good success.
There are kudu, eland, zebra and impala however very few trophy animals of this species.
You will find excellent chobe bushbuck and leopard.
There are lion, in low density and the mane is generally short.
Bush pigs and warthogs are common so is on some places oriby.

Time permitting you also can fish for tiger’s or have some bird shooting. The area is unique for bird watching. And where can you hunt buffalo on the beach of the Indian ocean?

It is in generally hard hunting and only reasonable fit people should consider to hunt there. ( depending on species and area) it is a real piece of old Africa..

There a still problems to overcome at least Mozambique moving in the right direction not like Zimbabwe.

You need more info?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com