Ripp
(.577 member)
03/04/09 12:19 AM
Re: Boddington On Buffalo 2

Quote:

I have no experience with Buffalo.

I've just watched this double DVD and was amazed at how many Buffalo got shot by the PH as well. Very few went down to one shot, even the ones with 'a well placed shot' by the client. One buff just about got shot for the client.

Is this common: Client shoots and a split second later the PH puts in a couple more ?

Have NEVER had a PH shoot at an animal I have shot--and agree, I have watched this video and my comment was "what the hell"...as you are correct...the PH seems to be quite quick on the trigger in shooting the animal for the client..

The only thing I can come up with watching that is the PH's never had a discussion on this with the client prior to the hunt and the PH did NOT have much confidence in his client..

One of the first buff's I shot--- put 6 shots into him total..first shot was a good hit--he ran a bit and stopped-put another into his lung area..two more solids up his rear as he ran away..one after he fell...he tried to get back up as we approached so one more to finish him off..--few days later, shot a bigger buffalo and he tipped over with one shot--paid the insurance and that was that...my point being--no shots were fired by my PH...

thx

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com