Michael
(.275 member)
14/02/09 12:14 AM
Re: Swamp boots!

After many years hunting pigs in the tropical swamps of the Northern Territory the one boot that held up the best and provided much needed ankle support through the rutted ground are the canvas jungle boots that are obtained cheaply through most disposal stores, check this link:

http://www.mitchells.net.au/wholesale/footwear/boots&shoesfiles/FT0008.htm

The only negative is that they don't have too much cushioning but if your slushing in swamps this is no big deal and I also use orthodic inserts in mine as the arch support is not there. But they stay on your foot after sinking in the mud and they pack flat as the entire upper is made of canvas.

Even after moving south to Melbourne I always have a pair or two of these boots to pack in my backpack for my trips home. I have tried various sports-shoes, runners including the famous volleys but these boots offer the same light weight but added ankle support. Nothing worse than rolling an ankle on a hunt miles from anywhere.

After hunt maintenance of these boots is nothing more than hosing the mud off and hanging them somewhere to dry, add a set of spare boot laces and you cannot go wrong.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com