Ripp
(.577 member)
08/02/09 09:11 AM
Re: Leopard Attack in Chewore

Quote:

I'd say that fellow is pretty lucky! I didnt see any while I was in the valley, but tracks were abundant and we heard them close to camp each night. We were in a bush camp near the chewore river bridge close to Sapi. Quite remote.

+++

Last summer we heard them as well every night as well--we hunted them a bit after we got the lion..was fortunate enough to see 7 while there including the one I eventually shot..the final 2 were actually during late morning of the final day..saw a cub come running across the road..mother was sitting in the bush looking at us..we got her on video..she was less than 60 yards from us..pretty cool..

As to the taser...good luck with that one. ..was in S Africa once and they had one in a pen with about a 25 ft run...when I peaked in he saw my friend on the other end..the leopard flew out of the pen and was against the fence so fast..if he had had a gun, I am not sure he could have gotten off a shot..fastest charge I have ever seen...after that, I have a huge amount of respect for them..if there ever was a case for a double..that is one...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com