tophet1
(.400 member)
28/01/09 10:36 PM
Re: To all my Aussie mates!

Thanks Steve,

I spent it working. Had to transport (I'm a Paramedic) one of our own who had downed 18 mid-strength beers during the day and then decided to check his pig trap.

Result: One small boar with lots of fight+drunk pig chaser+VERY sharp knife = Lacerated hand cut from web between index and middle finger down to the centre of the palm.

Got two litres of Hartmanns into him and had a hell of a time trying to stop the bleeding. First time ever I've had to consider using a tourniquet, but then he would have lost the hand.
Last heard he was off to Sydney for micro surgery. Top fella, hard working, self employed, community minded bloke who enjoyed a bit of pig chasing. Made a bad decision.

(The little boar made off through the open trap door too, cheeky bugga, good luck to him spreading his genes).

Even when firearms are not involved, please stay off the grog when involved in our sport.

Also had an email from Zim friends now in Perth with just two more years to wait till citizenship.
Yes, we are the lucky country and I'll work damn hard to make sure my children get the benefits that I enjoy living here.

Cheers,

Contact Us NitroExpress.com