Ripp
(.577 member)
07/01/09 02:05 PM
Re: Need Advice - Bullet recommendation

Quote:

Quote:

Is there any reason you have not considdered the Federal loaded with the 300gr Nosler Partition? It's just that I think it good insurance to up the ante' a bit in terms of bullet quality.

What area of SA are you going to be hunting?

When I bought the 375 H&H, I was given 2 boxes of Federal 270 gr SP. They shot well, so that is what I have been using. I will probably go to a 300gr premium bullet (A framae, accubond etc.)before I go to Africa if I can find the time to shoot them and feel comfortable. I have confidence in the rounds I am currently shooting.

We are hunting with Wild Footprint Safaris in SA. Rustenburg area about an hour and half northwest of Johannesburg.

In my Sako 75--300 gr A-Frames in Remington Factory loads shoot well--I have also used RL-15 for my own with both A-Frames and Barnes Solids..both shoot really well ..

The only issue I have had with Accubonds which would NOT be a problem with a .375, is they did not hold up very well, at least in my experience, if you exceed 3000 fps..I used them on PG out of my 300 Ultra several years ago--shooting 180's at around 3375 fps...not a good combo...

If you wanted to use a plastic tipped bullet I personally like the Swift Scirroco better has it has a thicker jacket --is a bit longer which also offers a better BC..but not offered in .375...

Iif you are happy with what you are using and they shoot good I would stick with them--if you are going to reload..I would personally use the A-Frame..but, again, that's me...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com