NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/12/08 06:57 PM
Re: Cholera strikes Zimbabwe

Quote:

I did see some TV footage from Harare but failed to see any whites involved. It wasn't very long footage however.

TV in Zim is controlled by the Gov't so you wouldn't see much while in Zim.

Quote:

It was not a feeling we experienced in Zimbabwe at all. The other thing that really struck my wife and I was the vast decrease in numbers of middle class, educated, white collar whites. They all seem to have taken off overseas. This was very apparent compared to our last visit in 1992.

I'm not going to try and predict what will happen in Zim or RSA, all I can give are my impressions as a visitor who has been going to southern Africa over a period of 22 years.

If you were in Zim in 1992 it was vastly different. Yes most of the white population has left in the last eight years, and many ie millions of the black population as well.

If you mean, South Africa, the exodus started around 1993/1994 when the first black inclusive elections were held. Though many were leaving even in the mid-1980's. However there are millions of whites in South Africa compared to a few hundred/few thousands in Zimbabwe.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com