McLarenSafaris
(.224 member)
29/09/08 12:29 AM
Re: More on lions in the pen

This canned lion hunting of captive bred lions have me worried. Right at the start of this post I state categorically: I will never ever again have anything to do with any lion hunt. That reads ANY, be it real wild one or canned. I have nothing to ever gain from any lion hunting at all; so regard my views as objective, and from the point of a plains game hunter only.

I share the view that with all the canned lion hunting available on offer - and with all the takers - it must surely reduce hunting pressure on wild lions! But does it? And if it does reduce the pressure on wild lions is it good for the lions? How will it likely affect the price of wild lion hunting if the TOPS regulations are amended to include lion in the list of large predators? On the other hand I agree with Steve Shakari - it is a nasty business. I decided to get hold of the actual statistics. I came across this letter in my search. Some may want to read it and get another view on the matter.

Here a letter written by the, then newly formed, South African Predators Breeders Association:

http://www.sapredators.co.za/docs/COMMENT%20ON%20THE%20DRAFT%20REGULATION%2019-06-06.pdf

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Contact Us NitroExpress.com