bigmaxx
(.375 member)
23/09/08 01:49 AM
Re: Recomendations for buffalo / sable hunt

I think Chifuti Safaris, or Roger Whittall Safaris either one could provide you with a good hunt. Either will undoubtedly begin in the Zambezi Valley. I hunted with Roger Whittall Safaris the first ten days of this month and got a duggaboy, bull hippo on land, and a good bag of plains game. I will return with either Roger or Chifuti as soon as finances and schedule allow. Regarding Zimbabwe's political situation, I personally had no problems and felt safe. As a matter of fact we made the trip from Harare to Humani Ranch in the southern part of the country by landcruiser. There were numerous police checkpoints but they were polite and gave us no problems whatsoever. Get a firm commitment as to areas and PH when you negotiate your contract and hold them to it. Logistics of air charters will depend on the availability of avgas, so prepare to flex a little in that respect. If you have to resort to ground travel you will certainly see things you would not in the air. Make the best of it. Also, you will certainly have an opportunity to take some other plains game species on your safari. You will be amazed at the number of animals this place supports. If you hunt with Roger you may transfer down to Humani, it's a real zoo. Lots of plains game.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com