larcher
(.416 member)
22/09/08 02:11 AM
Re: More on lions in the pen

quoting Ripp "suddenly about the 3rd morning a lion appeared and was killing game..the went out and "ironically enough" the lion was there on bait (I mean fresh kill ) and they were able to take that lion...and THEN, even more ironically, another lion was with him ..must of been traveling together...so the hunters wife shot that one..all for gran total of about $60,000. ---he said it was rediculous on how it played out but the guy bought it hook, line and sinker..."

I love it.

From my friend JPK, veterinarian. A hunter in my region (Alsace) went hunting lion. Where I don't know but as they are Germanophile I suspect in Namibia or in SA. Don't know exactly how hard he worked for finding a decent lion but eventually killed a decent lion.
When the trophies arrived in France, a thorough look on the lion's skull showed some plate screwed into the lower jawbone.
The lion has had his broken jaw fixed by a veterinarian in the past. 2 Hypotheses : either a bred lion for canned hunting or worse a lion bought in a zoo.
The hunter kicked up an extensive fuss and the story was aired all over. I have to ask the taxidermist what compensation the sucker got.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com