mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
05/09/08 01:20 AM
Re: Here's the story.

I must give a tremendous amount of credit to my PH for his patience and constant encouragement. If not for him, I doubt I would have been successful. Which brings up a major point: Prior to my booking my first hunt with Classic Safaris three years ago, I was very clear and upfront with Vaughan about my limited mobility. I told him about my knees, my reconstructed ankle, and let him know that I can not run, even for a short distance. I'll never forget his words to me-"Mike, we'll take good care of you". After that very successful plains game hunt, I approached Vaughan about the possibility of my being able to hunt buffalo with him in the Caprivi. He told me that the terrain was fairly flat, with no big hills to climb, and that he would take his time with me, and do the best they can to get me within shooting range. Well, once again, Classic Safaris came through with their promise, and for that, I'll be eternally grateful. I encourage everyone to be honest with their outfitter about any physical limitations they have. Some may not be able to work with you due to terrain extremes, etc. and they'll tell you so. Or, at least they should. Classic Safaris was able to put me in areas I could handle, and hook me up with a PH willing to take the time needed to get the job done.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com