Mac
(.224 member)
21/01/03 12:02 PM
Re: What makes a safari better?

1) I like to be treated honestly. What will the total costs be? Add ons should be he exception not the rule. I realize trophy fees will have to be paid, but unusual costs should not come to play.

2) Ensure that someone will be at the airport to meet me if I request it. Nothing starts out good if you are stuck in a strange country alone. This has never happened to me, but did to a friend of mine.

3) Be honest about the quality of animal available. If the average kudu is in the low 50's let me know. No reason to look for one in the 60's if they don't exist.

4) Be honest about what is available. I had a safari outfitter shut the quota on Nyala, in the middle of my hunt, because somebody just booked a hunt at a later date that included that animal. I saw a huge Nyala ram with both horns over 30 inches the next day and couldn't take him. The person the Nyala was saved for canceled the hunt and they later found the big ram taken down by a poacher. Net loss to safari operator $1200 trophy fee and a client (me) that will never book again. Take care of the man in the bush that day, future clients may never arrive.

That's what I look for and expect.

Mac

Contact Us NitroExpress.com