Ripp
(.577 member)
04/09/08 02:14 AM
Re: Your next Big Hunt/Safari?? Where, When??

Quote:

Quote:

I hear there are a lot of tuskless in south Chewore---and they are quite "cheeky"...it is a wild area---you will have lots of fun..that is the area I plan to go to in 2010..

Ripp

I have been fortunate enough to hunt Chewore South for a combined 34 days. And fortunate enough to have taken four tuskless there, as well as four buff, a hyhena, a nice bushbuck, a zebra, a klipspringer (with my big bore double rifle!), and a whole bunch of impala for leopard bait. Hunted for a trophy bull elephant, a lion and the leopard, but struck out on those.

OzHunter has also hunted Chewore South several times and the week following my departure one year, he killed a very nice lion (my lion? ) after tracking it! He has also taken a klipsringer with a big bore double, I think in Chewore, but I'm not sure.

JPK

JPK
My trip earlier this year was in Chewore North--lots of elephant there as well ...]

I would guess with over a month of hunting in the area you have a pretty good feel of it...which is why you probably keep going back..really enjoyed it as well...don't think a day passes where I don't think of it at least a few times per day..

What you using for a double as in caliber? Plan to take my .470 along when I head back ..or still looking for a 500 of one sort or another...but keep coming up with real estate deals so....

Hope you have a great hunt...and hope to see your photos when you return..

Good luck and be safe..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com