JPK
(.375 member)
22/08/08 02:07 PM
Re: Anyone hunted Sapi Area?

Quote:

Yes, actually Adrienne Pienaar sent me my last communication from Roger Whittall Safaris. Hopefully things are in order. Alot of "Boddington on Buffalo" is filmed in Sapi. I am ready to rock and roll!

Max,

In the small world catagory, Adrienne is PH Rich Tabor's mother-in-law. Recall that Rich is good friends with Collin Van Der Linden. I hunted with Rich again in May and will be hunting with him in October. My forthcoming hunt was set up by Rich in a mere two weeks, just confirmed today. Good work by Rich and good fortune regarding the elephants available. Also, Rich spoke with Collin regarding leopard hunting in Makuti and Collin gave it a big thumbs up. "You'd have to be doing something awfully wrong not to have an opportunity," were his words as quoted by Rich.

So we'll give it a go, with the camp Appy doing some baiting for us. Buzz Charlton, who, with his partner Miles McCullum, who used to hunt for Roger, controls 1/2 of the Makuti quota, will be leopard hunting prior to our arrival and for a bit while we are there. This would ordinarily be worisome, but apparently there are many cats there and there is the possibility that Buzz will be able to leave one feeding for us, or even vice versa. This isn't immaterial since for this "last minute" quota round up I'm having to come out of pocket for the trophy fees in advance, no refund for the elephants at Makuti if we don't shoot them, but 1/2 back if the leopard effort fails.

Now you can see what taliking safaris with you has done to me! I went from post safari depression to pre safari excitement because I got so interested in your safari that I just went and booked another for myself!

Awfully nice of Craig Boddington to respond to your email so quickly. Reassuring info without doubt.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com