DoubleD
(.400 member)
02/06/08 11:04 PM
Re: So what happens if things go south in Zimbabwe

Should the U.S. impose a ban on travel to Zimbabwe, and you go ahead and travel there, you will have little to no problem traveling and hunting there. Depending on what degree of ban the State Department puts on, your return could be the most eventful and traumatic part of your trip.

Some worse case scenario's:

Your passport is going to contain entry and exit stamps and probably a VISA showing a visit to a banned country. Upon return the passport can be revoked by the State Department and siezed by Customs and Border Protection for illegal travel. You could also be banned from having a passport for a period of years, or have to pay large monetary penalty or both. Remember the passport is not your property, it is the property of the government issuing it.

Your Firearms and other such items can be siezed for illegal exportation to a banned country. They could be forfiet or you will have to pay a large monetary fine to get them returned.

Any Zimbabwean goods you bring back would be siezed and destroyed. This includes clay pots and world record Cape buffalo capes.

Is the U.S. going to do this? I seriously doubt it. They tried it a few years ago and the political pressure backed them down. Look how effective such a ban has been for Cuban travel.

At the most all the U.S. State Department will do is issue travel advisories.

I would be more worried about what happens in that country if Mugabe looses a second election.

I would also take with a grain of salt the word of anyone who says all is well come on over, who is depending on you coming for their income. What else do you expect them to say?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com