hoppdoc
(.400 member)
08/05/08 11:11 AM
Re: 'The African Carry'.

What is the QUICKEST carry mode with a sling on a rifle??

No question that the sling is best off the rifle when the chance of encounter of game is high or in dense brush--

I carry my elk rifle quite a bit through rolling terrain while elk/deer hunting--don't like the African carry, don't like a left shoulder carry with the barrel down, don't like the conventional right shoulder barrel up due to the motions for a quick on target setup--

I carry alot in the flexed elbow position but am trying more carry with the right shoulder (gun positioned forward, sling on posterior shoulder) position.The right hand holds the rifle stock below the trigger.It is amazingly fast off the shoulder with the left hand pivoting the the foreend and leveling the rifle for quick usage. Less motion than where the rifle is swung off the posterior shoulder laterally and then controlled.

I like this carry!!

May be good for a heavy bolt in Africa till the hunts get serious. The the sling comes off!! Gun bearers are human and may not be in position when you need them--

Any better ways out there to carry that big bore miles across hill and dale before blasting away?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com