rscott
(.333 member)
23/04/08 02:14 PM
Re: My Second Safari in Two Years!

kpete,
there simply are'nt that many elephant in unit 4. buffalo can be tough also. longtime friend and ph who's been hunting there and unit 6 last couple years says " my clients on unit 4, the buffalo they shot is the one they saw" unquote. you don't go to unit 4 and glass a whole bunch of buffalo and take your pick of the best.
i was up that way this past jan. and feb. but it was so wet our activities and travel were severely resricted. hadn't been there since 99.
i'm not a proponent of 'tuskless' elephant hunts. i've spent a fair amount of time hunting and viewing elephant and hunting other game where elephant abound and have never seen a tuskless elephant bull.
i've seen more trunkless elephants than tuskless ones and i say that literally! my opinion is there are far more PH's and outfitters in zimbabwe than there are good hunting areas, and they're trying to make a living at the elephants expence. the desire for 'forex' has trumped everything there including conservation and ethics. there are a whole lot of greedy and unscrupulous people, both white and black there, more than i can ever remember. i'm sure that comment will create some debate!
go for your buff. and zebra, etc. have fun and enjoy that and save your elephant dollars for a real trophy bull!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com