DoubleD
(.400 member)
23/03/08 07:09 PM
Re: IM GOING TO AFRICA IN AUG

The Impala we killed were all around 145 or so. That is 60 to 65 KG's is it not. That's what the scales at the Outfitter farms said when the game was hung up.

I have killed bigger whitetail and definitely larger Mulies but not on the average. I expected the Impala to be smaller than they were. I have a data base that I keep in excel on the deer we took in Montana and the Buck deer average for all male deer was right around 145 lb. The largest Oregon Blacktail I ever took weighed 145.

Now as far as weights, the African game was weighed whole while the American animals were all field dressed.

Indeed the Black Wildebeest were heavier and bulkier than the impala but they weren't bigger. They were shorter bodied but more compact for sure. Scaled at 95 to 100 kg.

The Blues we saw did looked bigger, but they weren't as big as the Kudu. I have only seen them on the hoof and not side by side with an elk. I did se a bunch that we spooked move of the flat and through stream bed and across to another open flat. The kick a kudu bull out of the stream bottom as they went tthrough...where the hell did he come for. So I saw the two in close proximatey

The Kudu definitly were cow or spike elk sized. But we weren't at the farm with the scale to weigh them.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com